Certified Building Inspector
- Applicant applies online ONLY
- Must acknowledge Code of Conduct & Scope of Service.
- Upload PDF documents including qualifications / CV / profile
- Pay application fee
- Council screens, validates application, decides route to registration / informs applicant.
- Applicant receives notice to pay exam fee / attends examination centre / receives outcome.
- If successful submits portfolio
- Fail - 1st rewrite – pass – proceed
- Fail for a second time – process starts from step 1
- Applicant submits project report, assessed / moderated
- If successful – pays CBInsp registration and annual fee R4 530
- Unsuccessful applicants resubmit within six months
Step 1Submit online application
Pay R300 application fee
Step 2Screen / validate / CB registration route identified
Step 3Pay examination fee R1 100, write exam / obtain
Successful Pay registration and annual fee R4 530 Designation awarded